AS1-X Double Grip Packer
The RDS AS1-X Mechanical Production Packer is a multi-set retrievable, double-grip compression or tension-set production packer that can be left in tension, compression or even neutral position to hold pressure from above or below. A large internal bypass reduces the swabbing effect during run-in and retrieval, and closes when the packer is set. When the packer is released, the bypass opens first, allowing the pressure to equalize before the upper slips are released. The AS1-X also features a patented upper-slip releasing system that reduces the force required to release the packer from set position. A non directional slip is released first, making it easier to release the other slips.
SIZES FROM:2 7/8” (73mm) to 13 3/8”(339.72mm)
- Field proven design is versatile; meets most production, stimulation, and injection needs
- Can be run with T-2 On/Offs, K-valves, and P1-J valves.
- Useable with fiberglass tubing
- Can be left in tension, compression, or neutral
- A simple 1/4 turn to set and unset